BETAPLUS, Bayer’s patients support program for Betaferon
BETAPLUS aims to encourage adherence in patients taking BETAFERON.
Adherence to medication is critical to ensure the effectiveness of healthcare . Unfortunately, poor adherence to therapeutic regimens is widespread among patients with MS [1,2]. Taking an injectable must not be a barrier to adherence [2-5]. Supportive strategies are important [2,6]. Shared effort, a multi-disciplinary team approach and patient support programs have been shown to positively influence adherence [2,7-10].
BETAFERON’s patient support program BETAPLUS offers a variety of services to help promote adherence, including:
- BETA nurses: nursing professionals specially trained to support MS patients taking BETAFERON throughout their entire treatment journey
- Patient information materials such as training leaflets or videos
- Modern autoinjectors including BETACONNECT
Patient services and their features may vary from country to country. Please contact your local Bayer affiliation for more details.
- World Health Organization. Adherence to long-term therapies: evidence for action. 2003. Available at: https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/42682 (accessed August 22, 2022). Return to content
- Lugaresi A et al. Expert Rev Neurother 2014; 14(9): 1029-42. Return to content
- Longbrake EE et al. Mult Scler J Exp Transl Clin 2016; 2: 2055217316677868. Return to content
- Burks J et al. Clinicoecon Outcomes Res Actions 2017; 9: 251-60. Return to content
- Mardan J et al. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2021;27(9):1273-95. Return to content
- Sejbaek T et al. Mult Scler Rel Disord 2018; 24: 42-6. Return to content
- Tan H et al. Mult Scler 2010; 16: 956-63. Return to content
- Tan H et al. Adv Ther 2011; 28(1): 51-61. Return to content
- Stockl KM et al. Am J Manag Care 2010; 16: 139-44. Return to content
- DuChane J et al. J MS Care 2015; 17: 57-64. Return to content