BETACONNECT is an electronic autoinjector for BETAFERON designed to help patients take BETAFERON as prescribed. The device has a modern, patient-friendly design made to encourage adherence (see figure).
BETACONNECT’s reminder function may help prevent patients forgetting a dose, the most common reason for missed doses according to several patient surveys [1-3].
Multiple surveys and observational studies evaluated patient satisfaction with BETACONNECT and gathered data on adherence:
- Most patients expressed a high level of satisfaction and preference for BETACONNECT [4-9].
- High rates of adherence were observed among patients with RRMS or CIS using BETACONNECT (see table) [8,9].
BETACONNECT and its features
Patient satisfaction with BETACONNECT
A European observational study observed 498 patients using BETACONNECT over 24 weeks .
- Conway DS et al. Mult Scler J Exp Transl Clin 2018; 4(2): 2055217318777894.t Return to content
- Treadaway K et al. J Neurol 2009; 256(4): 568-76. Return to content
- Devonshire V et al. Eur J Neurol 2011; 18: 69-77. Return to content
- Ziemssen T et al. Neurol Ther 2015; 4(2): 125-36. Return to content
- Weller I et al. Pat Prefer Adherence 2015; 9: 951-9. Return to content
- Barone DA et al. Neurol Ther 2016; 5(2): 155-67. Return to content
- Limmroth V et al. Patient Prefer Adherence 2017; 11: 1325-34. Return to content
- Kleiter I et al. BMC Neurology 2017; 17: 174. Return to content
- Patti F et al. Patient Prefer Adherence 2020; 14: 771-9. Return to content