BETACONNECT is an electronic autoinjector for BETAFERON designed to help patients take BETAFERON as prescribed. The device has a modern, ergonomic design made to encourage adherence (see figure 1).
BETACONNECT’s reminder function may help prevent patients forgetting a dose, the most common reason for missed doses according to several patient surveys [1-3].
Multiple surveys and observational studies evaluated patient satisfaction with BETACONNECT and data on adherence:
- Most patients expressed a high level of satisfaction and preference for BETACONNECT [4-8] (see figure 2 for an example of patient satisfaction with BETACONNECT in Germany )
- High rates of adherence to BETAFERON were observed among patients with RRMS or CIS using BETACONNECT [6-8] (see table ).
Figure 1: BETACONNECT and its features
Figure 2: Patient satisfaction with BETACONNECT 
Adherence to Betaferon: Data from an European observational study that observed 498 patients using BETACONNECT over 24 weeks .
- Conway DS et al. Mult Scler J Exp Transl Clin 2018; 4(2): 2055217318777894.t Return to content
- Treadaway K et al. J Neurol 2009; 256(4): 568-76. Return to content
- Devonshire V et al. Eur J Neurol 2011; 18: 69-77. Return to content
- Ziemssen T et al. Neurol Ther 2015; 4(2): 125-36. Return to content
- Weller I et al. Pat Prefer Adherence 2015; 9: 951-9. Return to content
- Kleiter I et al. BMC Neurology 2017; 17: 174. Return to content
- Patti F et al. Patient Prefer Adherence 2020; 14: 771-9. Return to content
- Farej R et al. Neurol Ther. 2022;11(1):373-84. Return to content